MENU

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Doing the Laundry

When I was younger, I hated doing laundry. Quite honestly, I really don't mind it anymore.

I only do laundry for the mister and I. He actually has no problem doing laundry, but I much prefer to do it myself. In his world, the dryer has one setting - high - and that can be problematic (for me).

One thing you can do to ease your laundry headache is to teach your children to do their own laundry. My daughter has been doing her own laundry since she was about 10 years old. I never made her do house chores, but she was always responsible for cleaning up after herself, keeping her bedroom and bathroom clean, and doing her laundry.



The next thing is to buy the right type of hamper so that you can separate your laundry. When it's already sorted, you just grab a load when that section gets full and wash it. 

Lastly, do laundry throughout the week (when a hamper gets full). Don't wait and do it all on one day - that makes it too overwhelming.


Personally, I have two hampers - one for towels & linens and one for clothes. I used to use the the wicker hamper for everything, but a couple of years ago, I decided I needed something additional for linens and towels.




This is the hamper I use for linens & towels. It fits perfectly in the corner just inside my closet. It has handles and I can just take it downstairs with the contents in it. As you can see, it holds a lot.

As proof, it currently has 24 lbs of linens/towels in it. 




This is the wicker hamper I've had for about 6 years now I guess. The house feline uses that corner right above his head as his scratching post. 


What sort of laundry routine do you have? Are you still in the "I Hate Laundry" phase of life?
 photo signature.png
Follow on Bloglovin