MENU

Monday, March 24, 2014

Pumpkin Seeds


I discovered a couple of months ago that I absolutely love roasted/toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas). Believe it or not, I'd never eaten them until then. 49 years, and I'd never eaten pumpkin seeds. Crazy. I pretty much eat them every evening now. 

In my quest to make healthier food choices, I added pumpkin seeds to my diet because they kept showing up on lists of foods everyone should eat. When I first started eating them, I was mixing them with a little olive oil and adding sea salt, then toasting them in the toaster oven. Now I toast them on the stovetop.

Pumpkin seeds are a low GI food and are a source of manganese, phosphorus, copper, magnesium, zinc, protein, and iron. A 1/4 cup has about 180 calories. Do you eat pumpkin seeds?

 photo signature.png

Follow on Bloglovin