MENU

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Recent Outfit - Black & Blue

I rolled my jeans up for the pic. I should have concentrated more on my hair. 

I've had this for years - I wore it for the first time 2 years ago.
This watch is another gift I've had for years, but recently started wearing.
Another rarely worn gift - I wear it all the time now.
I love these suede wedge booties.
I took an inside pic so you could see them better.
I'm going to be 50 this year. For the last couple of years, I've been working on dressing better. I was never frumpy, but I did spend too much time in jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers. Seriously, that's pretty much all I wore. I still wear a lot of jeans (A LOT), but now I try to dress them up a bit.

I think part of the reason I wore jeans and t-shirts so much is because it was easier to dress my apple-shaped body. Plus, I'm not the thinnest person in the world, and I have fat rolls to hide. Like a lot of women, I wore oversized t-shirts to hide my fat rolls, not realizing those big t-shirts made me look bigger than I really was. Duh.

Now, I always try to at least look put together, like I thought about my outfit for more than 10 seconds before I left the house. When it comes to shopping for clothes, I've learned over the last couple of years to buy pieces that work with each other. I try not to buy anything that doesn't go with at least three pieces I currently own. I find that I actually buy less stuff this way. I owe this lesson to Audrey over at Putting Me Together

I have a Pinterest board that has almost 600 outfit pins. I love finding quick easy outfits I can emulate with pieces I already own. This is a really good way to actually use the items in my closet, instead of buying new stuff I don't need. 

I'm an regular chick (yes, I call myself a chick) with mortgages and a kid in college (go UVA!), so I don't spend my money frivolously. I shop for bargains and do the majority of my shopping at #TJMaxx, #Marshalls, #Target, #ON (Old Navy), America Eagle, etc. I used to buy a lot of stuff from JC Penney, but I don't really like the direction their Misses clothing line went.

Anyway, this outfit was the inspiration for what I wore today. I needed an outfit and saw this last night on one of the blogs I frequent, so I decided to go with dark denim and black today. I also wore a lime green scarf, but left it on my desk at the office today.

Thanks to my hubby for snapping pics with my iPhone in the back yard. Sadly, the sun was in the wrong position, so I couldn't stand on the patio, and we haven't done a deck yet, so I'm standing on a mat on grass. I'm cool like that.


3/4 Sleeve Cardigan - Old Navy
Tshirt - Target
Skinny Jeans - Old Navy
Suede Wedge Booties - Kohl's
Jewelry - Gifts

 photo signature.png
Follow on Bloglovin