MENU

Monday, March 10, 2014

Getting Organized - The Importance of Labeling

Since I don't live alone, getting (and staying) organized is a daily chore for me. I find, however, that if I label things and give every item a home, staying organized is a lot easier. After a while, the people in your household will begin putting things back where they belong because they realize life is a lot easier when you're not constantly searching for stuff.

My label maker is my organizing best friend. I have learned to absolutely love her. She sat in a drawer unused for a couple of years, but not anymore - I'm starting to put her to good use.  She's just a basic Dymo - nothing fancy - but she certainly gets the job done. I call it a 'she' because she works so hard for me.

Labeling allows the members of my household to easily locate items without my assistance. It also serves as a reminder to them to put things back in their homes so they always know where to find them. 

I've snapped a few pictures from around the house to show you the type of things I label to make life a little bit easier.

My philosophy on getting organized is that every little bit helps. You cannot do it all at once. Organizing is an ongoing process. I still have a long way to go, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

Are you working on any organization projects in your home?

Organizer In My Closet
Hall Linen Closet

Hall Linen Closet
Pantry
Pantry
Pantry
Light Switch
Light Switch

 photo signature.png
Follow on Bloglovin